Sunday, November 2, 2014

Doctor Who Season 8 Episode 8 Review

Episode 8: Mummy on the Orient Express


Well this was indeed a thrilling episode! I loved the theme of it being all 1920's. At first I thought Maisie was Amanda Abbington especially because her hair looked like Mary's. 

Also I recognized the Orient Express because if was mentioned in Season 5 after Amy and Rory got married. I think they mentioned something about a mummy too. And  when Clara and the Doctor stepped out of the TARDIS, my first thought was, "Clara's hair!" I knew it wasn't real but still. I did not like her hairstyle in this episode at all. The mummy was pretty scary looking though... and it would follow you until it got to you; that would suck if you had to face it.
I thought the view outside the train was really pretty and that it would be really fun to actually ride the Orient Express.

Also when Clara said she was leaving, I was like no(girl please) she is not actually leaving. Not possible (obviously). I wondered what would make her stay. The time when Clara and Maisie were stuck in the room with the sarcophagus was creepy too. I found the sarcophagus really creepy. It started to get really intense at the end when they got rid of all the people who weren't doctors and scientists. It was amazing to see the Doctor work like that because you don't always see him working so hard. The ending was really nice too. I think Missy set up the whole thing with Gus... I think the endings of S8 are pretty good. It was great that Clara forgave the Doctor and decidede to stay. The Doctor was really excited about that. 
The episode was a really good one so hope you liked the review!
-Prachi



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...