Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Jyun Kang Vegetarian Restaurant Review

Last weekend my family and I went to the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas which is a Buddhist Monastery. We ate at the Jyun Kang Vegetarian Restaurant which was the only restaurant. I know it says its a vegetarian restaurant but it was actually vegan, which was great since i'm vegetarian.







You know how at a restaurant they give you water (usually cold with ice) when you arrive and are looking at the menu? Instead, they gave us steaming hot green tea which was an interesting change. 

I don't drink tea that much but it was good, though it was personally hard to drink right away since it was so hot...

We ordered 4 items which were : Crispy Noodles with Mixed Vegetables, Golden Balls with Ginger, Sauteed Eggplant with Basil, and Fried Japanese Style Noodles and Mixed Vegetables.

Crispy Noodles with Mixed Vegetables:

The noodles are kind of covered in this picture but you can see some under the vegetables. The vegetables included are carrots, baby corn, leeks, mushrooms, zucchini, and bell peppers. I loved the crispness of the noodles and the vegetables were delicious. There was a little bit of watery sauce stuff which had too much soy sauce.

Golden Balls with Ginger:

So these are soy chunks which were soaked in some type of ginger sauce and then garnished with little pieces of shredded ginger. I loved the texture of these and you could really taste the ginger flavor but these were way too salty. I'm not a big fan of salt so the saltyness kind of ruined the dish. I would say this might have been my least favourite dish.

Sauteed Eggplant with Basil:

This was my favorite dish. It was eggplant curried with basil and it was so aromatic. We ordered some white rice to eat with it and I also ate it with the Fried Japanese Style Noodles and Mixed Vegetables but it was great on its own too. The flavor and aroma of the basil was delicious and it had just the right amount of soy sauce.

Fried Japanese Style Noodles and Mixed Vegetables:
This was my second favorite dish partly because of the size of the noodles. The vegetables in it were delicious and the texture of the noodles. THE NOODLES... This dish was really good and it didn't have an overload of vegetables.

I just love these two pics that I took of the Noodles...


So I definitely recommend this place. I would give it 3.7 out of 5 stars and some smileys cuz it was vegan/vegetarian. Hope you liked the review!
-Prachi










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...